What is CMMS Software?
What is CMMS Software?
CMMS stands for computerized maintenance management system software.
What is CMMS Software Used For?
CMMS software is software used for managing the maintenance of equipment assets. Work orders, preventive maintenance, inventory management and purchase order management are all modules that are usually included with a CMMS solution.
What is the Best CMMS Software?
You would probably agree that there are countless CMMS software programs available today, right?
So it is probably fair to assume that you may be wondering how this particular CMMS software program is different or even better than these others, correct?
Would you like to spend less time using the CMMS, and instead let the software manage a lot of the preventive maintenance issuance automatically?
As it turns out our CMMS automates much of the work you as a maintenance planner or maintenance manager normally spend many hours working on saving you a huge amount of time while providing consistency to work order and PM issuance.
7 Ways This CMMS Software Solves Your Maintenance Problems
- Duplication functions speed up equipment and preventive maintenance task list set-up.
- Identical or similar work orders may be duplicated providing a way to create work orders in seconds.
- Role-based permissions provide a way for subordinates to close out work while ensuring accountability.
- Work order templates create work orders automatically based on schedules.
- These same work order templates can be linked to meters. Meters are updated automatically by OPC compliant data sources such as PLCs and HMIs.
- A unique print scheduler issues preventive maintenance task lists automatically based on a schedule. This only needs to be set-up one time. Time-sensitive PM lists and other reports always have the right data at the right time.
- Send email with PM lists, work orders or any report as a file attachment automatically. This free you, the maintenance manager, to perform other tasks and guarantees that appropriate work is sent out at exactly the right time.
Download a free trial version of the software. This is the full solution for a 30-day trial. More details are provided below.
- Free CMMS Software Online Demonstration
- Trial Software
- Helpful Documents
- Links to instructional videos.
MaintSmart Software, +1.541.751.0450, +1.888.398.0450
What is CMMS software? For many users CMMS software is work orders only. Work management with a work order system is usually the first module put to use in a new CMMS software implementation.
So what are work orders? Work orders represent a unit of work.Some of the basic types of work orders are:
- Repair work order.
- Preventative maintenance.
- Project work order.
- Safety work order.
At a bare minimum a work order would have an equipment, task and a assigned technician. A more advanced CMMS would include more fields such as status, type, priority. Additionally since the sork order is a scheduled unit of work one or more date fields would be included.
Most of the CMMS software programs available today include the capability to include a picture. More advanced systems provide any type of file attachment, including videos to be displayed with the work order.
Continuing with the answer to "What is CMMS software?" another key component of the CMMS is preventative maintenance management. Preventative maintenance is maintenance performed to service equipment and ready it for use with the goal of preventing stoppages or slowing of the process that the equipment item is a part of.
Typically equipment has a recommended task list for preventive maintenance to ensure the expected life if reached and down time averted. Many of the less advance CMMS software systems require the user to enter all work in the work order screen (including preventive maintenance type work). Others offer the option to also manage preventative maintenance work external or in combination with the main work order screen. This CMMS system offers the later.
Equipment Failure (Down Time) Tracking
Equipment failures (down time) cost companies money due to expensive repairs and lost productivity. Product quality may also suffer due to unexpected breakdowns.
Our CMMS software is the only CMMS that has a dedicated equipment failure-tracking module. Many other CMMS systems do not address down time at all. The few that do address it throw it in as a work order type. This makes no sense because down time is an instance of equipment failure not work. A repair work order is used to correct the failure; but these two important CMMS components should be separated so that each can be managed separately.
Managing down time apart from work orders offers the following benefits in MaintSmart:
1. Extensive down time analysis
2. Reliability analysis (military standard) on each equipment
3. Overall equipment effectiveness (OEE) reporting
4. Down time query-builder for charting and reporting
5. MTBF (mean time between failure) used to guide preventive maintenance.
Equipment failure (down time) tracking in this CMMS software is used for the purpose of guiding the maintenance manager toward more efficient preventive maintenance especially for the purpose of avoiding break downs. Unexpected down time is going to occur, but repeated instances of the same breakdowns should be avoidable once recognized and addressed with appropriate maintenance interventions.
What is CMMS software with regards to inventory management? It may seem that a CMMS would not need to have an inventory management module. This CMMS software system provides all of the components that may be needed in any maintenance operation. The maintenance manager is not required to use these components together though because each component provides full functionality by itself.
Typically if the inventory management module is used the purchasing module is also used. Again, this is not required but may offer some convenience to the user. The inventory management module provides the following:
- Complete listing of all spares
- Export all spares data to Excel (two button-clicks)
- Many reports for reordering, over/under stock, audits and more
- Inter-plant inventory transfers
- Equipment spares lists
- Several fast part search methods
- Barcode labels
- Eight (8) used-defined fields
- Dynamic edits to inventory upon receipt of use of spares
Purchasing management with RFQ, requisition, purchase order and invoice-matching capabilities consolidates all maintenance spares acquisition into one program. This CMMS has a comprehensive and flexible role-based purchasing system. All purchasing roles may be given to separate users or grouped roles given to the same user.
Analysis and Reporting
CMMS software should provide reporting on the data entered into the database. This system provides the following reporting:
- Crystal Reports
- Excel export of any data set
- Web page conversion on all data
- OLAP query-builder of any data set
- Excel OLE automation of all analysis data
- Exports to: Adobe Acrobat, MS Word, flat text, XML
Reporting offers a return on investment (ROI) to users of the CMMS by providing answers.
MaintSmart Software, Inc. 2455 Maple Leaf Suite #D North Bend, Oregon 97459 United States of America
+1.541.751.0450 (phone) +1.888.398.0450 (toll-free USA/Canada)
skype: 'maintsmart' email@example.com